Juicebox Charger Review
JuiceBox is one of the most popular electric vehicle (EV) charging stations on the market. It offers a variety of features and benefits that make it a great choice for EV owners.
Juicebox’s Features & Benifits:
- Level 2 charging: JuiceBox chargers are Level 2 chargers, which means that they can charge EVs at a rate of up to 25 miles per hour. This is much faster than the standard 120-volt outlet that comes with most EVs.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: JuiceBox chargers are Wi-Fi enabled, which allows you to control and monitor your charger from anywhere in the world. You can use the JuiceBox app to schedule charging times, set up alerts, and view your charging history.
- Multiple charging modes: JuiceBox chargers offer a variety of charging modes, so you can choose the mode that best suits your needs. These modes include:
- Normal mode: This is the default mode, and it will charge your EV at the fastest possible rate.
- Eco mode: This mode will charge your EV at a slower rate, which will help to conserve energy.
- Time-of-use (TOU) mode: This mode allows you to schedule your charger to charge during off-peak hours, when electricity is cheaper.
- UL and Energy Star certified: JuiceBox chargers are UL and Energy Star certified, which means that they are safe and efficient.
- Safety features: It has been certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and meets all safety standards. It also has a built-in safety feature that automatically shuts off the charger if there is a problem.
- Durability: Juicebox is made from high-quality materials and is designed to withstand the elements. It is also backed by a 3-year warranty.
- Multiple mounting options: The JuiceBox charger can be mounted on a wall, on a pedestal, or on the ground.
- Multiple colors: The JuiceBox charger is available in a variety of colors, so you can choose one that matches your décor.
Price & Insulation:
The most basic Juicebox charger, the Juicebox 40, costs $649.00. This model has a 40-amp output and can charge most EVs at a rate of up to 7.2 kilowatts (kW). The Juicebox 40 also comes with a 20-foot cable and a NEMA 14-50 plug.
For a more powerful charger, the Juicebox 80 costs $799.00. This model has an 80-amp output and can charge most EVs at a rate of up to 11.5 kW. The Juicebox 80 also comes with a 20-foot cable and a NEMA 14-50 plug.
In addition to the price and performance, another important factor to consider when choosing an EV charger is insulation. Insulation helps to protect the charger from the elements and can extend its lifespan. The Juicebox charger is available with a variety of insulation options, including weatherproof, indoor, and outdoor.
- The weatherproof Juicebox charger is the most expensive option, but it is also the most durable. It is made of high-quality materials and is designed to withstand the harshest weather conditions.
- The indoor Juicebox charger is less expensive than the weatherproof model, but it is not as durable. It is designed for indoor use only.
- The outdoor Juicebox charger is a good option for people who want a charger that can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is not as durable as the weatherproof model, but it is more affordable.
One drawback of the Juicebox Charger is its price. The Juicebox Charger is more expensive than some other EV chargers on the market. The Juicebox Pro 40, for example, costs $699, while the Juicebox 40 costs $599.
Another drawback of the Juicebox Charger is its installation requirements. The Juicebox Charger requires a 240-volt outlet, which may not be available in all homes. If a 240-volt outlet is not available, an electrician will need to install one, which can add to the cost of the charger.
Finally, some users have reported issues with the Juicebox Charger's Wi-Fi connectivity and app. Some users have reported that the Juicebox Charger loses Wi-Fi connection, which can prevent them from using the scheduling features or remotely monitoring the charger's status. Additionally, some users have reported that the Juicebox app is buggy and crashes frequently.